- This event has passed.
Controlling Microbiological Contamination and Recall Events in the Food Supply
September 8 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am PDT$175
This course will review current thinking in cGMP for food ingredient and/or food product manufacturing and examine new considerations that will be necessary to maintain compliance. Methodologies for establishing and maintaining compliance with regulations while simultaneously enhancing business models and reducing operating costs will be discussed.
Learning Objectives: By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
– Understand what new software is available for operational efficiency
– Have an overview of new testing methods such as water content and rapid microbiological methods
– Understand what questions to ask in evaluating new testing methods
– Hear real-life case studies of new rapid micro testing methods both successes and those less than successful
– Evaluate how a contamination issue could impact your business
– Learn objectives of what to do in the event of a contamination issue
– Learn objectives on how to properly conduct a recall (without driving the business to bankruptcy)
Attendance: Limited to 5 attendees*
The Presenter: Kenneth W. Cairns II, M.S. ASQ CQA.
Mr. Cairns possesses an MS in Microbiology from Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, OH. He has worked in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Food and Dietary Supplements industries since 1992. Prior to Rejimus he was working for B. Braun Medical initially as Manager QC Microbiology Duplex, and then as Site QA Microbiologist, overseeing all quality operations impacting aseptic production. Before moving to the west coast, he held positions with Baxter in Maryland as Microbiology Manager, Novo Nordisk in North Carolina as QC Microbiology Manager, and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in Pennsylvania as Manager Technical Microbiology.
UPDATE: Due to the current circumstances with Covid-19, this presentation will be conducted online via GoToMeeting.
Once registration is complete, you will be emailed the details on how to attend this presentation.
*Seating is limited; waitlisted guests will be confirmed or have the option to attend a future presentation.